About the programme
The Bloomberg-UNC-City Business Journalism Diversity Programme
21-25 June 2021
The Bloomberg-UNC-City Business Journalism Diversity Programme welcomes students who are interested in learning about business journalism. You'll explore how journalists report effectively on the economy, companies, financial and commodity markets, government and labor where wealth and power converge.
The summer 2021 programme will be conducted virtually. All costs to participants will be covered, including assistance with remote connectivity.
Bloomberg journalists and executives, including Matt Winkler, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Bloomberg News, will teach courses while others will be led by faculty from UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media and the Department of Journalism at City, University of London. The programme will lead participants through principles of reporting, editing and applied business and economic knowledge.
Participants of the programme will:
- Acquire a basic overview of markets and financial concepts.
- Learn the fundamentals of business journalism, one of the most in-demand fields in media today.
- Practice writing and reporting techniques via hands-on instruction with Bloomberg journalists.
- Gain insights on working in a diverse environment and the importance of representation in journalism.
- Join an accomplished group of fellow students and program alumni who will serve as mentors as you navigate your career path.