Hussman School Ambassadors (HSA)
What does an Ambassador do?
The Hussman School Ambassador program was created in 2012 as a student initiative to help future and current students best navigate and succeed through the UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media. Ambassadors are responsible for leading tours of Carroll Hall for prospective students and assisting with school events such as New Student Orientation. Ambassadors also consult with senior Hussman administrators on Undergraduate Hub communications, activities and initiatives.
The Ambassadors program is housed in the Hussman school’s new Undergraduate Hub, located on the first floor of Carroll Hall. The Hub includes academic advising, career services and global and immersive programs as well as a triage/help desk to manage the flow of students needing assistance. The Ambassadors program provides a direct link between the student perspective and the Hub and its academic leadership. An experienced Ambassador serves as the program coordinator and helps ensure student volunteers have clearly defined and manageable responsibilities given their busy schedules. Ambassadors volunteer 2-4 hours per week during the academic year.
What do Ambassadors gain from their role?
In return for their service to the Hussman School, Ambassadors receive a range of benefits:
- Orientation and continuous training with School administrators to ensure the latest information is shared and Ambassadors are “in the know.”
- Opportunities to attend special events such as the N.C. Journalism and Media Hall of Fame gala, donor events and meals with visiting professionals.
- Priority for Hussman career treks and other extracurricular activities.
- Opportunity to serve as student representatives on the Hussman Curriculum Committee.
- Recognition as the “brand ambassadors” for the School, sharing your insights with prospective students and championing issues important to your Hussman peers.
How do I apply?
Ambassadors are selected through an application process that occurs each spring for the following academic year. The application will reopen in March.