Undergraduate major admissions
Applications for Fall 2023 admissions to UNC Hussman will become available on Nov. 1.
|Term||Application Available||Application Deadline|
|Fall||November 1||January 15|
UNC undergraduate students who will have completed a minimum of 45 credit hours and are in good academic standing are eligible to apply to the undergraduate MEJO major (for example, 30 hours completed and 15 hours in progress).
How to request the application to apply to major in Media and Journalism at UNC Hussman:
1. Log into ConnectCarolina and proceed to Self Service > Student Center.
2. From the “Other Academic” drop-down menu select “Apply for Change of Major/Minor.”
3. Select “UNC School of Journalism and Media” from the "Major/Minor" drop-down.
4. If you agree to the terms, click “I Agree” and “Submit Request.” (Please note, this action does not immediately change your current major status. You must be officially accepted.)
5. Once your change of major/minor is submitted and processed, you should receive an email within 24 hours with a link to activate your account and begin the application.
All students accepted to UNC Hussman must attend a mandatory New Student Orientation.
Check out the MEJO major admissions FAQs for more information on how to apply, next steps and more.
For questions or concerns, please contact HussmanHub@unc.edu.
**For minor application information, go here.**