Undergraduate major admissions
Applications for Fall 2024 admissions to UNC Hussman will open on November 1.
|Term||Application Available||Application Deadline|
|Fall||November 1||January 15|
TO ENSURE THAT YOUR MEJO APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE, PLEASE REQUEST YOUR MEJO APPLICATION NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, JANUARY 13, AT 5 P.M.
UNC undergraduate students who will have completed a minimum of 45 credit hours and are in good academic standing are eligible to apply to the undergraduate MEJO major (for example, 30 hours completed and 15 hours in progress).
We give preference to applicants with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
How to request the application to apply to major in Media and Journalism at UNC Hussman:
1. Log into ConnectCarolina and proceed to Self Service > Student Center.
2. From the “Other Academic” drop-down menu select “Apply for Change of Major/Minor.”
3. Select '"Hussman Advertising and Public Relations Track" or "Hussman Journalism Track" from the "Major/Minor" drop-down. Make sure to select the term "Fall 2024" for the current application cycle
4. If you agree to the terms, click “I Agree” and “Submit Request.” (Please note, this action does not immediately change your current major status. You must be officially accepted.)
5. Once your change of major/minor is submitted and processed, you should receive an email from UNC Slate within 24 hours with a link to activate your account and begin the application. To ensure that your MEJO application is received by the deadline, PLEASE REQUEST YOUR MEJO APPLICATION NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, AT 5 P.M.
All students accepted to UNC Hussman must attend a mandatory New Student Orientation.
For questions or concerns, please contact HussmanHub@unc.edu.