Undergraduate major admissions
UNC-Chapel Hill undergraduate students who have completed or are completing 45 credit hours and are in good academic standing are eligible to apply to the undergraduate MEJO major.
How to Apply to major in Media and Journalism at UNC Hussman:
- Log into ConnectCarolina and proceed to Self Service > Student Center.
- From the “other academic” drop-down menu select “Apply for Change of Major/Minor.”
- Select “Media and Journalism” from the Major/Minor drop-down.
- If you agree to the terms, click “I Agree” and “Submit Request.”
- Once your change of major/minor is submitted and processed, you should receive an email within 24 hours with a link to activate your account and begin the application.
UNC Hussman has two application cycles per year: July 1 — September 15 and November 1 — January 15.
All students accepted to UNC Hussman must attend a mandatory New Student Orientation.
Check out the MEJO major admissions FAQs for more information on how to apply, next steps and more.
For questions or concerns, please contact Hussmanadmissions@unc.edu.