About the program
May 17-21, 2021
The program will be conducted virtually.
The Bloomberg-UNC-Berkeley Business Journalism Diversity Program welcomes students who are interested in learning about business journalism. You'll explore how journalists report effectively on the economy, companies, financial and commodity markets, government and labor where wealth and power converge.
The summer 2021 program will be conducted virtually. All costs to participants will be covered, including assistance with remote connectivity.
Bloomberg journalists and executives, including Matt Winkler, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Bloomberg News, will teach courses while others will be led by faculty at UNC-Chapel Hill. The program will lead participants through principles of reporting, editing and applied business and economic knowledge.
Participants of the program will:
- Acquire a basic overview of markets and financial concepts.
- Learn the fundamentals of business journalism, one of the most in-demand fields in media today.
- Practice writing and reporting techniques via hands-on instruction with Bloomberg journalists.
- Gain insights on working in a diverse environment and the importance of representation in journalism.
- Join an accomplished group of fellow students and program alumni who will serve as mentors as you navigate your career path.